PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING FOR ANY OF OUR MARKETS
- Each of our Market Requires:
- A Vendor Fee. The fee varies based on the event. The vendor fee will be listed on each event’s Vendor Application accessed below and will be due two weeks prior to the event. Vendor spots are not secured until vendor fees are paid.
- A Certificate of Insurance (COI). Vendors are required to have business liability insurance OR Event Insurance for the day of the event (such as Thimble Event Insurance). The COI must have the venue added as additionally insured and be submitted two weeks prior to the event. Vendor spots are not secured until COIs are submitted.
- All FOOD vendors must make sure their business is permitted and correctly established with the state and/or county health departments in order to sell food, packaged or hot. If you are unsure, please contact Frederick County Health Department at 301-600-2542. All of our events are subject to inspection by the health dept., and all vendors are responsible for ensuring they will pass inspection if one takes place. Vendors not in compliance will not receive refunds on vendor fees. And if vendors willingly, knowingly, or deliberately break rules, laws, or guidelines set forth by local and state codes, they will be banned from our markets and will not be refunded vendor fees.
- All Vendors must be in accordance with federal, state and local laws, permitting and licensing requirements for operating their businesses and making merchandise sales. Including copyright laws for artists creating and selling non-original designs. And the same rule above applies.
- We DO NOT accept businesses who represent Multi Level Marketing (MLM) companies. Businesses must be completely independent and Black owned/co-owned.
- Applying as a vendor will automatically add you to our mailing list so that you can stay in the loop for future vending events and SOUL Street announcements. CONTACT MYSOULSTREET@GMAIL.COM WITH ANY QUESTIONS! AND SEE BELOW FOR MARKET VENDOR RULES.
- We will provide 10 x 10 vendor spaces at each venue.
- Vendors are responsible for bringing a market tent, tables, chairs, and anything else needed for booth set up. (Please note electricity is not provided for all, but let us know if it is needed.)
- Vendors are responsible for their own setup and breakdown. We provide volunteers to assist with loading and unloading.
- Load in begins two hours before market start time and all vendors are required to be set up and ready for business 30 minutes before start time.
- Vendors are not permitted to break down early.
- Vendors are expected to bring enough product to sell for the entire variation of the market. Our markets have an average of 300 customers per market, with many vendors selling out. (We do not guarantee customer attendance or sales, this is simply an assessment of our past markets to help vendors prepare their inventory and staffing needs.)
Vendors agree to allow photos and/or video to be taken at our markets and used for promotional purposes.
All Vendors must agree to promote the market they are participating in with content provided by SOUL Street. Vendors are prohibited from creating their own marketing material to promote SOUL Street markets.
Our markets adhere to COVID guidelines, taking place outdoors, with socially distanced spacing, entrance/exit traffic flow, masks required, and hand sanitizer provided. Please contact us with questions – email@example.com
GET IN TOUCH
© 2021 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. SOUL STREET - SUSTAINING OUR UNIQUE LEGACY